Connect with us

News

Body Found In Hunt For Missing British Tourist

Published

on

Andrew James Apperley Missing

It’s being reported by the BBC that a body has been found in the hunt for a British man who had been missing for 10 days in Thailand after attending a Full Moon Party.

The body has yet to be formally identified and the circumstances of the death are unknown at this time.

The story is developing, check back for updates.

— Original Report —

The family of a British man missing for 10 days after attending a Full Moon Party on Koh Phangan are growing concerned for his safety and well being, the BBC reports.

38-year-old Andrew Apperley from Eastbourne last made contact with his mother on Sunday 12th February telling her he’d return to his hotel on Koh Samui by boat the following morning after attending the Full Moon Party.

Mr Apperley’s brother Richard posted to Facebook that Andrew traveled from Bangkok to Koh Samui and checked into the Ibis Hotel in Bophut, leaving behind his passport, driving license and belongings.

He then traveled to Koh Phangan for the party. The hotel notified police four days later when Mr Apperley failed to return.

His bank told relatives he has not used his cards since the day of the Full Moon Party.

A spokesman for Gloucestershire Police told the BBC: “Our officers are currently liaising with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office to find out what has happened to Andrew as quickly as possible as we understand the distress his family is going through.”

If you have seen Andrew or know of his whereabouts contact the tourist police on 1155



Stickboy aka Sticky Boy aka Mike McKay aka Mike McKwai, Wild Mike, Magic Mike, Mr Mike, and a fair few more best forgotten, is a party animal with hollow legs who loves music, current affairs, beer, food, causing trouble on Twitter, and making the most of life without worrying too much about what people think or say about his antics. You can send him stuff here - stickboybkk@gmail.com

Continue Reading
Advertisement Snus Thailand

News

First Flight Carrying Tourists Flying Into Phuket Oct 8

Published

on

First Flight Carrying Tourists Flying Into Phuket Oct 8

The first flight into Thailand carrying tourists in over six months is scheduled to fly into Phuket on October 8 carrying 150 visitors from China.

The news was announced by Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn, the Minister of Tourism and Sports, following the approval of the new Special Tourist Visa by the Cabinet that will allow the return of long-stay visitors for up to 270 days.

An Air Asia flight carrying 150 Chinese tourists is scheduled to arrive on the southern island On October 8.

Mr Pipat said on Oct 25 there will be 126 Chinese tourists from Guangzhou flying into Suvarnabhumi with Thai Smile Airways while on Nov 1 120 tourists from Scandinavian and Schengen countries with land at Suvarnabhumi Airport onboard a Thai Airways flight.

Other inbound passengers arriving for business on private jets have also been approved.



Continue Reading

News

Suvarnabhumi Airport Phase 2 Ready For Take-Off April 2022

Published

on

Suvarnabhumi Airport Phase 2 Ready For Take-Off April 2022

Airports of Thailand (AOT) announced on Monday that Suvarnabhumi Airport Phase 2 is more than 95% complete and will be operational by April 2022.

AOT president Nitinai Sirismatthakarn told reporters on Monday Satellite Terminal 1 (SAT-1) will service 28 aprons boosting Suvarnabhumi’s capacity by about 15 million passengers per annum.

The APM [Automated People Mover] system that will link SAT-1 with the main airport terminal is 71% complete with two out of the six trains delivered with a further four expected to arrive by late October.

Tests will be conducted once the lines are finished and the additional trains arrive with a completion date estimated to be April 2021.

The APM can shuttle up to 6,000 passengers per hour between the main terminal and SAT-1.

Meanwhile, the Individual Carrier System (ICS) and baggage carousels are about 75 per cent complete. A final readiness test on SAT-1 and its systems will take approximately 12 months.

Construction work on the airline office building and the eastern car park are expected to be completed by the end of 2020.

Nitinai said construction had been delayed due to Covid-19, resulting in a lack of labour and the inability to import parts and materials pushing back an earlier opening of the new facility.

SAT-1 is part of a 62 billion baht plan to expand the airport that was approved in 2011.



Continue Reading

News

Emergency Decree Extended Until October 31

Published

on

Emergency Decree Extended Until October 31

The National Security Council today approved the extension of the state of emergency for another month until the end of October.

In the announcement, it was stated the continuation was needed to control and contain the spread of COVID-19 outlining once again the Disease Control Act didn’t grant the government the powers needed to combat the virus effectively.

The decision was passed at a meeting of the Covid-19 Situation Administration on Monday morning.



Continue Reading

Trending