Connect with us

News

Saraburi Hospital Targeted In Ransomware Attack

Published

on

Saraburi Hospital Ransomware

The director of Saraburi Hospital confirmed the facilities computer system had been attacked with ransomware but said news reports hackers demanded 200,000 bitcoins were false.

The hospital management announced via its Facebook page on Monday that a computer crash had disabled all systems advising patients to bring their own medical records to speed up appointments.

Hospital director Dr Anant Kamolnet told reporters that there had been no demand for money from the hackers.

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul has ordered an investigation into the hacking of the computer system and will be coordinating with the Ministry of Digital for Economy and Society to develop measures to prevent a similar cyber-attack at state hospitals across the country.

Pol Col Krisana Pattanacharoen, the Deputy Spokesman of the Royal Thai Police, told the media officers from the Technology Crime Suppression Division have been dispatched to the hospital to try to trace those behind the attack.

Stickboy aka Sticky Boy aka Mike McKay aka Mike McKwai, Wild Mike, Magic Mike, Mr Mike, and a fair few more best forgotten, is a party animal with hollow legs who loves music, current affairs, beer, food, causing trouble on Twitter, and making the most of life without worrying too much about what people think or say about his antics. You can send him stuff here - stickboybkk@gmail.com

Continue Reading
Advertisement Stickboy

News

First Flight Carrying Tourists Flying Into Phuket Oct 8

Published

on

First Flight Carrying Tourists Flying Into Phuket Oct 8

The first flight into Thailand carrying tourists in over six months is scheduled to fly into Phuket on October 8 carrying 150 visitors from China.

The news was announced by Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn, the Minister of Tourism and Sports, following the approval of the new Special Tourist Visa by the Cabinet that will allow the return of long-stay visitors for up to 270 days.

An Air Asia flight carrying 150 Chinese tourists is scheduled to arrive on the southern island On October 8.

Mr Pipat said on Oct 25 there will be 126 Chinese tourists from Guangzhou flying into Suvarnabhumi with Thai Smile Airways while on Nov 1 120 tourists from Scandinavian and Schengen countries with land at Suvarnabhumi Airport onboard a Thai Airways flight.

Other inbound passengers arriving for business on private jets have also been approved.

Continue Reading

News

Suvarnabhumi Airport Phase 2 Ready For Take-Off April 2022

Published

on

Suvarnabhumi Airport Phase 2 Ready For Take-Off April 2022

Airports of Thailand (AOT) announced on Monday that Suvarnabhumi Airport Phase 2 is more than 95% complete and will be operational by April 2022.

AOT president Nitinai Sirismatthakarn told reporters on Monday Satellite Terminal 1 (SAT-1) will service 28 aprons boosting Suvarnabhumi’s capacity by about 15 million passengers per annum.

The APM [Automated People Mover] system that will link SAT-1 with the main airport terminal is 71% complete with two out of the six trains delivered with a further four expected to arrive by late October.

Tests will be conducted once the lines are finished and the additional trains arrive with a completion date estimated to be April 2021.

The APM can shuttle up to 6,000 passengers per hour between the main terminal and SAT-1.

Meanwhile, the Individual Carrier System (ICS) and baggage carousels are about 75 per cent complete. A final readiness test on SAT-1 and its systems will take approximately 12 months.

Construction work on the airline office building and the eastern car park are expected to be completed by the end of 2020.

Nitinai said construction had been delayed due to Covid-19, resulting in a lack of labour and the inability to import parts and materials pushing back an earlier opening of the new facility.

SAT-1 is part of a 62 billion baht plan to expand the airport that was approved in 2011.

Continue Reading

News

Emergency Decree Extended Until October 31

Published

on

Emergency Decree Extended Until October 31

The National Security Council today approved the extension of the state of emergency for another month until the end of October.

In the announcement, it was stated the continuation was needed to control and contain the spread of COVID-19 outlining once again the Disease Control Act didn’t grant the government the powers needed to combat the virus effectively.

The decision was passed at a meeting of the Covid-19 Situation Administration on Monday morning.

Continue Reading

Trending