Connect with us

Viral

Shocked Medics Find 18m Long Tapeworm In Thai Man’s Bottom

Published

on

Shocked Medics Find 18m Long Tapeworm On Thai Man’s Bottom

Medics in Nong Khai province were shocked when they found n 18-meter long tapeworm in a Thai man’s bottom earlier this month.

The 67-year-old patient visited the hospital complaining of tummy pains and flatulence unaware of any problems.

A stool sample was sent to the Parasitic Disease Research Centre in neighbouring Nakhon Ratchasima, and lab tests showed it contained 28 eggs.

The man was given the medicine before the giant parasite oozed out of his bottom the next day on March 20.

Footage shows astonished medics unfurling the mammoth parasite and laying it onto a red mat. It was just over 18 metres (59ft) long.



A spokesman for the Parasitic Disease Research Centre said: ‘A Taenia saginata bovine tapeworm more than 18 metres long was obtained from a patient whose sample was sent to the centre.

‘He was given the deworming medication before bedtime and in the morning this long worm came out of his bottom. It was very big and took us a while to lay it all out on the ground.’

Doctors believe the parasite came from infected and uncooked beef that contained eggs. Medics said that the tapeworm was the biggest they had found in Thailand for more than 50 years.

The patient was given medication and was warned to change his eating habits.

Shocked Medics Find 18m Long Tapeworm On Thai Man’s Bottom

Dr Schawanya Rattanapitoon, who led the team, said: ‘Transmission is caused by eating raw beef. These parasites can live in humans for more than 30 years.

‘However, currently, they do not survive very long because better medication is available. But this tapeworm was very long. According to past information, it is the longest that has been seen in Thailand for 50 years.

‘We have suggested that the patient’s family also have medical tests to find out whether they had parasites as they are also at risk. We warned them not to continue consuming raw meat as that is one of the main causes of having parasites in the body.’

Taenia saginata, usually known as the beef tapeworm, is a type of parasite that can live in the human gut for up to 30 years. Humans are infected when they eat raw or undercooked beef which contains the infective larvae.



Stickboy aka Sticky Boy aka Mike McKay aka Mike McKwai, Wild Mike, Magic Mike, Mr Mike, and a fair few more best forgotten, is a party animal with hollow legs who loves music, current affairs, beer, food, causing trouble on Twitter, and making the most of life without worrying too much about what people think or say about his antics. You can send him stuff here - stickboybkk@gmail.com

Continue Reading
Advertisement Stickboy
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Viral

Monitor Lizard Visits 7-Eleven To Find Food And Cool Off

Published

on

lizard 7-11

Smartphone footage of a giant monitor lizard looking in the fridges and climbing up shelves at a 7-Eleven store in Nakhon Pathom province is the most viewed video of the day in Thailand.

The 6ft long reptile emerged from a nearby canal and ran into the convenience store sparking panic among staff and customers.

As the lizard climbed onto shelves and knocking cartons of milk to the ground a shop assistant called the police who soon arrived with reptile handlers shortly after lunchtime on Tuesday.

The rescue team dragged the lizard out of the store before ushering it away into nearby undergrowth.

Jejene Narumpa who filmed and shared the video on her Facebook page believed the creature was hot and hungry and only came in to cool off.




Continue Reading

Viral

Thai Girl Busts Awesome Dance Moves Selling French Fries

Published

on

Thai Girl Busts Awesome Dance Moves Selling French Fries

A dancer who lost her job during the pandemic has become an online hit after showing off her crazy moves while selling French Fries.

Thanaporn Mankonkaew had been a backing dancer with Thai pop star singer Lamyai Haitongkam travelling around the country but when Covid-19 lockdowns came into force last year she was unable to continue working.

To make ends meet she opened a food stall outside her home in Bangkok and entertained customers with her wacky dance moves.

Videos posted on social media of her serving skills gained attention and customers were soon flocking to her roadside food stand.





Continue Reading

Viral

Hazardous Handrail Causes Internet Uproar

Published

on

Hazardous Handrail Causes Internet Uproar

Social media went into meltdown over the past 24 hours after photos of a flimsy sign warning pedestrians not to touch the handrail on an overpass went viral.

The sign warned of possible electric shocks from touching the metal handrail on the bridge located on Borommaratchachonnani Soi 68 in Thawee Wattana district in Bangkok.

Hazardous Handrail Causes Internet Uproar

For those who can’t read Thai it was also written in English but so small you would need a magnifying glass to see it.

The Metropolitan Electricity Authority said the problem was not from their wiring but likely other cables coming into contact with the handrail.



Continue Reading

Trending